Sunday 13 March 2022

Trinity Woodlands 13.03.22

 Trinity Woodlands 13.03.22


This week we’re at another favourite with the club Woodlands & this week it’s the second match of the Silvers League, most of the guys have opted for this series so Silvers we’re the main target. 

We had some feedback over the last few weeks & the lake is fishing very hard tbf it always does in the winter when the temperatures drop out of the water & the matches go on with pressure on the water, today was no exception. 

When I arrived in the carpark it was great to see Guru & Locko back from their hols abroad it was like something out of Charlie & the chocolate factory two little Umpa Lumpa’s I felt like Willy Wonka ha. The picture will say it all πŸ˜πŸ˜

Fletch had his new Matrix suit on apparently his wife told him if it’s over £200 it’s your funeral suit for the coffin πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ Love him πŸ–€πŸ–€

Also it was nice to see Matrix Tony back, on to the draw this time Westy & Kingy put in a couple of pegs that we don’t normally include 16 & 19 two great pegs. 

My hand went in the bucket to reveal 19 Awsome that’s got to be good but how did it go ?? 

It was out of the wind & it looked great when I got there πŸ˜πŸŽ£ so 13m in front & 2 8m lines left & right I had for my side tray 2 pints of maggots & a couple of pints of Gb plus some expanders a bit of micro, back up hookers would be worms & corn the corn stayed in the bag. 

I had 18 & 20 free. 

At the all in I just fed maggots with small nuggets of Gb one line at a time hoping to start to rotate as I started on the long line, the fishing really was hard going & tbf the rotation was hard as bites were hard to come. I could only see Matrix Westy Kinger & Hobbit Yammy the far bank did seem to be fishing as hard as my peg so all to go for. The rain came & it poured down the wind picked up it was horrible & the bites were still hard to come by, oh I could see Richy Cole’s he was having intervals of Silvers on the cage feeder πŸ‘πŸ‘ Danny was to my left I couldn’t see him but I did manage to see him hook into a few carp & land them πŸ‘πŸ‘ the weather settled for a while & the gust broke a little bit soon enough the rain returned at 13.30 ish & again poured down,  come 15.00 I’d had enough I’m done it was relentless. 

As I called it a day I could see Guru packing away & Graham had gone he must of had the brains today to do the most sensible thing. 

Soon as I got everything into the van I went & seen Dabber Selway he was talking of 9lb πŸ‘πŸ‘ as the all out was called. 

As per Westy Kingy & Danny came round with the scales, Westy weighed me in & said you’ve done both of us so you’ve got the bragging rights πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ to myself on a hard day for the Silvers, I was once told by my old Mentor & good mate Tich Williams if all you can catch is Roach nothing else is feeding - yep that was the case today, let’s hope for some sun this week to get things moving in the water πŸŽ£πŸŽ£


For me the Silvers league has finished as I’ve had a last minute phone call Monday evening from a good mate of mine Nigel Coram - Callum as he was known through the club, he’s given me an invitation to go to White Acres for the week. So unfortunately I’m going to miss Avalon this week, I will of course put up the sheet. 


Next week Avalon as normal you have to book in by Tuesday πŸ‘πŸŽ£



No comments:

Post a Comment