Sunday 6 March 2022

Shiplate, Mainlake 06.03.22

 Shiplate Main Lake 


This week we’re at the Shiplate Main-lake definitely a favourite with the members, a well kept lake & bursting with all specimens a great head of Silvers & Carp (some proper units) 

This was the first of our second Silvers League to be ran by Danny. 


In the carpark I met Ducky Junior shortly followed by Yammy & Bagger Newell spelt your name right this time Tony it’s only took me over a year πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Westy passed me & gave me a Cheaky grin whats that all about?? Ha 

I sat with Kinger & Ducky, we did the pools previous to that Westy & Kingy did the pegs.. 

On to the draw & me & couple others opted for a short walk as I’ve done my foot now & struggle to walk - only temporary I’d like to add I don’t know what’s going on with me lately I seem to be falling apart lol πŸ˜‚ 

I drew peg 7 not a good peg at all as I was about to find out for next 6 hrs to my right was Jordy Searle & 2 pegs down was Rob eagle 2 pegs up on 5 was Fletch, I do like George a great Angler especially for Silvers I like him so much I gave him some of my expanders as his weren’t ready. He said to Shawn Kenstridge what a good guy I am πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

The blog is a bit of rubbish really same as my days fishing.

Peanut - Stevie Howell said go down the right for some better Skimmers I did 12 Metres for some roach that was about it same as in front 12 M to the left Maggots over Gb & to the right Corn over Corn for not a touch the Maggots line gave me 1 Skimmer & some Roach. I did set up a cage feeder to chuck about for nothing. 

Everything I did today was Silvers orientated for what good it done me, Jordy was fishing for Carp on the tip chucking to the island for nothing not even a liner. It was pretty cold πŸ₯Ά today with a savage wind ENE which obviously played a big part on today’s activities. So after a full 6 hrs a complete waist of time for bang 2lb. 

The other side seem to be more productive which was my way of thinking but I couldn’t manage the walk tbf that was my down side πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸŽ£πŸŽ£.. The sheet says it all..

On to the next at Trinity I think that’ll probably be a lot better & the gaps could tighten up & some anglers may pull something back I certainly hope I can get a few lb back we’ll see.  I will put the League sheet up soon as Danny emails it across. 

See you next week not sure on spaces you’ll have to check with Shaner πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŽ£


No comments:

Post a Comment