Wednesday 26 February 2020

Viaduct - Cambell - 23.02.2020

Todays trip was to the popular venue of Viaduct where the fishing can produce some big wieights with some large angry carp and a good head of silvers can be caught.

The forcast on Saturday indicasted that the winds would be ok and dropping and when I arrived there was a ripple across the water that lead me to think that fishing could be ok if you get the right swim. I unloaded my gear and picked up my casters that I had pre-ordered and had a chat with the guys.

Everyone arrived on time and we even managed to get a slightly earlier draw hich have a bit more time to set up.  At this point the wind had seemed to increase a litte and the ripples had increased slightly.

George was seeking advice from resident angler Rob Eagles and then kept moaning (unlike George) about his peg even before he fished it, I felt for Sausage having to put up with that all day.

The golden peg was drawn which was peg 128

Draw as follows

Peg

110 - Kev Hayes
110 - Rich Coles
112 - TonyFry
113 - George Fletcher
114  - Paul Bowyer
115 - Shane Western
116 - Danny
118 - Nige
119 - Stan Butt
123 - Steve King
124 - Phil Beards
125 - Dave Allen
126 - John Bradford
127 - Eric
128 - Tony Newell
129 - Dave Tungstall
130 - Steve warren
131  -Martin Western
132 - Brian Chivers

With the wind blowing from 123 - 131 across the lake this was a disatourous draw as I had the wind in my face and the ripple had turned into the Bristol Channel. On my way to my peg the 110 - 115 section was sheltered but after this it wasnt nice. The other side of the lake seemed to have calm waters with winds off of their backs Stan was in the corner next to me and he set up o simple days fishing on the tip. I however, still thought I could use the pole. During set up the wind got worse and then there was fine misty rain and without my brolly today I knew I should have satyed at home.

On the all in Stan foul hooked and lost a fish but it wasnt long before he was into a decent bream and Steve King fish the opposite corner at 14.5m down the edge landed a couple of carp. Not much going on from the people I could see throughout the match with the exception of Stan and Steve King.

For me - nothing to report apart from 3 small roach, a perch and a tench. Nothing on the tip. Looking at the results the top end of the lake produced the goods  and for thoses at the bottom end ended up with wind burnt faces and a successful day not losing or breaking any equipment.

Results

1st - Martin Western - 110lb - 07 oz
2nd - Steve Warren  - 82lb - 13 oz
3rd - Paul Bowyer   - 75lb - 08 oz

Silvers

Ist - Rich Coles - 17lb
2nd - George Fletcher 14lb - 12oz
3rd - Phil Beards - 13lb - 05oz

Wewll done to the framers again today and to those who had a hard days fishing there is always next time. Lets just hope the wind starts moving away and for some calmer times.

Next up - Summerhayes - Longs - please confirm your attendance directly to Steve Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment