Monday 9 September 2019

HLS Angling - Shiplate - 08.09.19

Todays gathering was at Shiplate on both the canal lakes. A gathering 16 members were booked in today on what was forecast to be a pleasant day with some sunshine and not much wind. The nights now getting cooler and sunny days who knew how it was going to fish. I got to the venue early as normally all lakes are busy and parking can be a bit tight.

I went to get my cuppa and have a sit down with last weeks grumpy champion John and the reformed stroppy Steve to chat about things that men chat about but mainly banded pellets. We wouldn't have looked out of place with a nice Thatchers while basking in the sunshine but a cuppa was suffice.

Due to parking issues the draw took place slightly later today and the start was put back til 10.15.

The Golden peg was draw which was nos 3 on West Pool. The rumour had it that West Pool was fishing much better than Hawthorne so that was the lake to get.

Draw as follows

Hawthorn

Peg

1 - Dick
3 - Simon Garbutt
6 - John
7 - Stan
9 - John Woolenscroft
10 - Kev
12 - Tungsen Dave
13 - Queenie
15 - Mario Tony

West Pool

1 - Shane
3 - Mutant George
6 - Stroppy Steve
9 - Danny
10 - Me
11 - Lord C
13 - Rich Coles
15 - Tony Fry

So off to the pegs we walked with me puling nos10 on Westpool so I was knackered before I started setting up with the long walk. George was sitting in the golden peg and was chirping at Danny like a new born sparrow. I had the joys of Martin one side and Danny to the other so I knew id be watching elastic either side of me.

Now I'm not going into my tactics or what I was doing as for the second week I didn't catch until the last couple of hours when I was well out of it so although I caught a couple of carp and a few silvers I didn't weigh and packed up early along with Rich Coles. In my opinion this fished poor and hard except a few pegs where Tony Fry had a good day and Lord C did well again. The man is on fire.

I helped with the weigh in and Tony has a good head of carp, Martin had a nice bag of silvers along with Danny and George although the quality of silver was more like those you catch on a proper canal as the bream just didn't show.

Onto Hawthorne and again the weights were really poor except Simon who used his Somerset Angling fishing insider knowledge to his advantage to weigh a great 147lb

Its a shame that many packed up early due to how difficult conditions were when really at this time of year the weights should be good.

Results

Silvers

1st - Martin 24lb 03 oz
2nd - George - 15 lb - 01 oz
3rd - Danny - 14 lb - 11 oz

Overall

1st - Simon - 147 lb - 11oz
2nd - Tony Fry - 87 lb - 06 oz
3rd - John Woolenscroft - 64 lb - 15oz

Well done to everyone who stayed and weighed in

Next up is the away day at Todber- There are a few spaces available for members if you want to attend. Phone Tony Fry to confirm your place.

Please note that next week we will meet in the car park where all nets will have to be dipped (even your fish net stockings Steve). Please leave in plenty of time to get there nice and early.



John discussing the one that got away again on banded pellet - He even bought his own mug


 
Results
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment