Monday 23 September 2019

22.09.2019 - Trinity Waters

Todays trip was to Trinity Waters on Woodlands Lake, a favourite jaunt for many of the clubs anglers, a fine fishery with a good head of silvers and carp. Following the bright warm sunshine of Saturday today was a damp start and the forecast was for showers until lunchtime, so where as when I fished on Saturday with factor 50 on my slightly bristled head, today I was in my water proofs and contemplating the bobble hat.

I got to Trinity early to find Stroppy Steve and Grumpy John already there which was quickly followed by Tony Fry and the return of the Guru Tart who turned up in a bright green van that glowed brighter than the Northern Lights- who after a lengthy lay of due to a bad back was starting to ease his way back into the action. Looking Tango tanned and to be fair a few pounds lighter it was good to see him back.

Also returning to the fold after a few weeks away was Eric, Tax man Brian and Locky who also looked Tango tanned.

17 Anglers were booked into today which is a bit disappointing as we had 20 last week and 4 retuning regulars but could still only fill 17 spaces but well done to those who attended.

After a busy week for myself with decorating, pond maintenance, house moving and a fishing competition on Saturday I was knackered and could have done with a rest but never wanting to let others down I attended and thought shall I just go on the tip or pole and decided I would see where I would draw. The general chat was around last weeks away day where people caught most of the day but still had a few groans about catching too many , some times you can not please everyone.

I paid my fees and got a cuppa, booked my bacon roll then we were called for the draw and the golden peg was drawn at nos 24

Draw as follows

Peg

6 - Mario Tony
7 - Rich Coles
8 - Grumpy John
9 - Locky
10 - Mutant George
11 - Lord C
12 - Queenie
13 - Graham
16 - Tony Fry
24 - Stroppy Steve
25 - Me
26 - Tax man Brian
27 - Tungsten Dave
28 - Danny
29 - Shane
30 - Eric
31 - Guru Tart

It was in my opinion a strange pegging decision with Tony Fry all by his self with a third of the pond to himself whilst everyone else was crammed in; however I'm not one for moaning and just on with the task in hand.

I got to my swim which I think is a good silver swim and thought Id have a bit of a easy lazy day with 2 x 10m lines and 2 top 2+1 lines. Ground bait with dead reds and a few casters was my thought and 1 line with a few micros. My first put in with 2mm expander on the hook the float sailed away and out went the elastic. Now I chose my silvers elastic and 0.14 main line with 0.12 hook length, size 18 hook on all rigs and wasn't surprised that the hook length went.

I could see Queenie on the other side of the lake have a good carp on his first put and thought we could be on for a good day. However, looking around the lake there wasn't really too much action going.

My neighbour Stroppy Steve was also struggling for a while fishing on meat. I managed a few silvers on the 10m micro line but nothing on the others. Steve then switched to paste but only continued to upset his target fish by hooking a few up the backside. Then he switched to meet again short and started to catch a few decent fish.

On the other side of the bank I could see Graham have a few carp and George was playing one for a good 20mins but trying to force it and ending up losing the fish. Now when the draw was made and I saw that Queenie and Lord C were next to each other I just knew it was going to be non stop talking crap all day and I was right. Now I know women can talk, but these 2 take it to another level. However; the two of them were catching and Martin has been on fine form of late with either winning Silvers or Carp over the last 4 weeks and he was on it again catching silver after silver and winding up George along the way.

Up in the corner on peg 16 and looking like a lonely pleasure angler Tony Fry was bagging and every time I looked up he was into another.

As the afternoon went on I was struggling but managed a double carp whilst Stroppy Steve was now bagging and finally started hooking them in the mouth and he had a good final couple of hours.

After 6 hours of fishing, finally the all out hooter was sounded and what a relief for me as I had a really poor days fishing .

Results

Overall

1st - Steve Warren - 118lb - 14 oz
2nd - Tony Fry       - 87 lb - 12 oz
3rd - Steve King     - 83 lb - 12 oz

Silvers

1st - Martin Weston - 27 lb - 04 oz
2nd - Rich Coles      - 25 lb - 10 oz
3rd - Dave Tungsten - 22 lb - 04 oz

A good day for Stroppy Steve who one the overall and the golden peg so I'm sure he will be talking to his mate Grumpy John how much he won and the correct baits to use and not those pesky hard pellets.

A well done yet again to Martin for topping either the silvers or overall for the 5th week in a row, a man on form.

I was reported to me that the Guru Tart was back to his normal antics of losing his beloved Guru floats and was seen picking nuts from the near by tree in his peg so nothing has changed its as if he'd not been away.

Thanks again to those who attended and hopefully get a few more next week when we are fishing at Viaduct on Cambell Lake. Please book in with Shane 07824812895 to confirm attendance.

The XMAS match is on the 22nd December being fished on Woodlands and Ash. The cost is £10 and this needs to be paid before the 1st December please. If the fee has not been paid in full by this date then you will not be entered to fish the match. Tony Fry is taking booking - contact 07506472745







No comments:

Post a Comment