Sunday 4 February 2018

Sunday 4th February 2018 - Shiplate Main lake

SHIPLATE FARM 04/02/2018




It was are first visit to Shiplate this year and I was looking forward to it as we would be doing battle on the main lake ..I arrived about 8 o'clock  to find Steve the owner doing the car park duty  he said  it was going to be a full house today with all lake being used and to be honest it is such a lovely fishery with great owners I can see why it's busy ..keep up the good work!!

When I got out of my car the first thing I noticed was how cold it was and the wind was going to be a pain for the guys on the top end of lake..I paid my money to Shane and then had a chat to the guru tart and his side kick Shaun, only for the guru tart to tell me that he going to by a new seat box just for summer fishing !!! Me thinks this boy has too much money !!. Also George, "The best silvers angler in the club" asked me not to take the piss on tonight blog ...mmm ok

We had only 15 booked in today so plenty of room and with "Lord C" away we all might have a chance!!!! but saying that we did have George who is  "The best silvers angler in the club" so we would all be going for 2nd in the silvers ...  I was thinking at the draw that  Rob is on fire at the moment winning all over the place and  Mike and Danny are hard to beat so a pick up on the silvers front could be hard ..

So a carp peg please ... peg 1 or 15 would be great.... I was helping Shane as the draw got under way and I asked Mike to hand me a card ...then I heard the voice of the guru tart saying very loud "I GOT 15"...and  ran off  like he was the Usain bolt   ..and then Kev said he had peg 1 so i had a look only to find that i had peg 2 !! a great summer peg but not sure what it would be like at this time of the year ..so a quick chat to Mr Howell  to find out what the peg was fishing like and his reply was crap!!.

Mr Howell told me to go for the silvers, but looking around I was out of it as Rob was on peg 3, Paul (Paxo baits)  on 4 and D.T on 5 over on the far side was George "The best silvers angler in the club ! on peg 13 and Danny on 13a ..

Back to my peg and i set up a dobbing rig, a margin rig and rig to fish in the track ...

peg 2


looks a real cracker!


looking right.



On the plus side I had very little wind so that was a good thing as I wanted to fish to the island dobbing bread punch..At the all in i went out with a 8mm bread punch on the hook and had a small carp  within 5 minutes and I was thinking that I might get another there but that was all i had on that dobbing rig ..

Looking around the only person who i could see catching was Rob on peg 3 so thinking it  was going to rock hard so I  set up another silvers rig to fish 1 meter off the island with ground bait and maggot and I was getting very small roach.. but it was so slow, 3 hours in and I had 1 more carp on the maggot line which was bonus ..and a few more roach but that was my lot ..

I packed up super fast to help with the scales but it looked like there were a few DNW's on the far side but  Danny was winning  with 9-12 on to our side and Mike on peg 7 had 6.6 which included a nice tench, Stan on peg 6 went home early as he is a busy boy building Hinckley point C ...D.T on peg 5 had 4-8 , Paul (Paxo baits) had 4-4 then Rob on peg 3 had 8-2 ...My turn and I had 8-14 which included the  only 2 carp caught. That's how hard it fished  ...

So I was in the frame which was a bonus





Danny and Rob both fished a great match and even better for Danny he won the golden peg (i said they were both good) but as i was driving home i was thinking that we might have paid the pools slightly wrong  today because Danny won overall with 9-12 of silvers and I had 8-14 of carp and silvers ..Rod had 8-2 of silvers and Mike had 6-6 also of silvers

We paid out:

1st silvers Danny 9-12 (winning the golden peg)
2nd silvers Rob 8-2
4th silvers George(best silvers angler in the club) 4-6 "oh yea we only pay the top 2 ..."
1st overall Steve King 8-14
2nd overall Mike 6-6

Not sure but I think we should have paid out :

1st overall Danny 9-12 (still winning the golden peg)
2nd overall Steve king 8-14
1st silvers Rob 8-2 
2nd silvers Mike 6-6
4th silvers George(best silvers angler in the club) 4-6 "oh yea we only pay the top 2 ..."

If this is right i will pay Rob back the difference in pools money next week ...

Next week we are at the Sedges so please book in with the guru tart ..also thanks to Tony Fry and Danny for helping with the scales ..get your ice breakers ready boys !!!










No comments:

Post a Comment