Thursday 22 February 2018

HLS Dad's Army Trinity Woodlands Wednesday 21st February

Dad's Army were booked to assault Trinity Woodland today, a venue that suits, with good sized platforms and sound banks, plus a good depth of water.   The weather forecast was not inspiring, and I looked forward to cloud and east wind with trepidation.

Misha was in charge, so the lads crowded into the shed to chat to this very good looking young lady, while Danny and I sorted out the pegging.  The money was done, and it was all about the craic, with optimistic talk about what some ANGLERS? might catch.

There were thirteen fishing today, and they could not wait to put their grubby paws into the draw bag.   Peg seven was the Golden Peg, and Bend It got lucky;  he had a good chance, as the silvers have been showing in this area.   I drew twenty four, with Mustard and Ninja on either side of me, and Teach Kev and Nasty Old Sheriff across the lake.

At ten o'clock I shouted all in, and from the start I was treated to an exhibition on how to catch fish by the Sheriff, who just couldn't wait to plunder my moneybox.    Looking around I could see most were catching silvers, but the carp boys were finding it difficult, this lead to Ninja using his extensive vocabulary!! and expletives "AYE MAN"

My day was a great improvement on recent efforts, I had decided to use 4mm soft pellet over ground bait laced with pellet and corn.   I had plenty of bites, missed a lot, but maybe I will get better with confidence and practise.

The weather was a real  bonus today considering the forecast.   Kev was fishing in his shirt sleeves, it was so warm.   The weights were not bad either, the in form Danny topping silvers with 17lbs 12ozs, myself second with 11 lbs 4ozs.  The Wizard won overall with 25lbs 4ozs, which John Brads said all came from his swim!     Boy George, with equal weight Silver and Carp was second.

            Next Wednesday it's Sedges Brick.

                                         Don't believe the weather forecast
       
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment