Monday 29 January 2018

Sunday 28th January 2018 - Avalon fisheries

Sunday 28/1/2018 Avalon
Today the HLS gang were at Avalon fisheries and I must say that this is one of my favourite venues that we go to as you never know where the winner will come from. Before we begin with the blog we had a meeting  Fridays night and one of the points was the payouts, it was decided by the members that there will be payouts only for the top 2 overall and top 2 silvers ....so if you got 3rd  you would get no coin !!!!
Anyway I paid my pools to Shane and dipped my nets and then had a walk and i said to Lord C that it was going to be hard today and I thought if you got 40lbs today you would win and silvers would be won with 13lbs ....On returning  to the car park Vic had sorted out the pegs (1-33) and I was hoping for  high draw...
The golden pegs today were 1 and 20 and I thought that they might go today as they are both good carp pegs
Into the bag of dreams and peg 7 was looking at me!! I was fairly happy as I had the end of the first island which should bring in a carp or 2!!
I had Paul (Paxo baits) next door on peg 9 and the other side I had Eric on peg 6 !!! Looking up to see who was on peg 14 and it was "The best silvers angler in the club" so he could be hard to beat today but I did ask if he wanted a pound on it and he said "no"!!
Lord C and the best silvers angler in the club !!
I set up 2 tip rods to fish towards the end of the island  and also 3 pole rigs to fish at 13 meters  and 1 to fish down the edge ..the 13 meter line I would fish ground bait at 2 o'clock and  pellet at 10 o'clock..so all bases covered ..ha!
At the all in I put some ground bait on the 2 o'clock pole line and also micro pellet on the 10 o'clock  line ..and went out on the feeder ...and it just sat there ,  still nothing a hour later ..um it going to be a hard day !!!!
Looking around and I could only see the odd fish being caught but saying that it was more that what I had ...2 hours in and I had my first fish  a small skimmer on the pellet line then a carp and then missed a bite ...a hour later I had a 1.5lbs skimmer on the tip and that was my lot !!! I lost loads of hook lengths today as the end of the island is a snag pit!!! So a bit gutted as i do love it here ..but the water is liquid ice so i was expecting it to be hard and boy it was!!
Me and Vic started the scales on peg 33, Danny had the top silvers with a cracking 11-8 and Ross also having a great day catching 10-2. Over on our side Tony had 26-6 of carp and Eric had 22-4 of carp...
1st overall Tony
2nd  overall Eric
1st silvers Danny
2nd silvers Ross
3rd silvers "the best angler in the club"  oh yes we were just paying the top 2 ...sorry George


Not sure what I did wrong today but that's fishing, next week we are at Shiplate farm (main lake) so if you what to fish  please book in with Phil (the guru tart)
So well done to all that framed on a very hard day
Also,
Following the HLS Extraordinary Meeting on Friday January  26th, it was decided by the members that Tony Fry will take up the position of Chairman with immediate effect. Thank you to everyone who attended..


No comments:

Post a Comment