Friday 10 February 2017

Wednesday 8th February 2017 - Viaduct Campbell

There were just eight of us today fishing Campbell all on one bank with the sun behind us.   There were plenty of carp rolling about on the surface, but I'm sorry to say they were not feeding, it was a day for the silvers.

I did all the buisness, the draw was made, Bend It got the Golden Peg 114, and we fished from 10 until 3-30.   I drew peg 112 which was a peg I've won on before; so fingers crossed.

No groundbait today, just lightly feeding pinkies and caster at 11 metres; it was 0.9 straight through and caster on a 20 hook.   From the start I caught small roach, then a nice surprise, a skimmer around 1 1/2 lbs, times got better with quality perch, a 2lbs tench, and some more skimmers.   It was a pity about the last 2 hours, I was back to small roach,   I had some good news from Tivy Dave fishing to my left, he reckoned I might get second with the Nasty Old Sheriff taking the honours, I said we will see.

At 3-30 Senior Badger Steve came to weigh us in, he started with Danny who totaled 18lbs 2ozs, then Bend It with a nice 13lbs 2os. At last Robbing Bob Hood got the better of the Sheriff with 19lbs 2ozs, which included a perch weighing 3lbs 4ozs.

            A satisfying day, the weather was fine, and the craic very good.

                    Sunday it's Trinity Woodlands        Phone Phil     01278425305   07879410735
                    Wednesday Emeralds                   Phone Danny  01278457022


                                  I am having a short break.

                                          Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment