Monday 25 April 2016

Sunday 24th April 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

21 Anglers turned up to fish our Sunday match on a cold but bright morning. The lake looked good and speculation started about imaginary weights some might catch!! "Dream on". Tony took the money and pocketed the pools money while Vic and I sorted out the pegs to be fished.   Next came the draw followed by the usual moans and groans; Ninja Searle drew the golden peg.    

With everyone set ready for the off, Horney tooted and the fish started getting fed.   There were plenty of roach and rudd in the water,  but us silver anglers know about the large stock of bream marauding in the depths. I drew peg 13 and no complaints. The King was on my right, and Paul Bowyer to my left, so stiff competition.   The match started slowly for me but I was catching a few small fish, then Steve caught two slabs in five minutes and my ambitions went down the drain.   At the final toot I had a very pleasant day, taking a lot of abuse from my 'mates' and weighed in 13lbs 4ozs of silvers.   The bream did show in most pegs, and Avalon promises some really good fishing in the coming months, which we all look forward to; thanks Vic.

The results are below.  Wednesday next its Shiplate Hawthorns room for more.  Sunday its Sedges we are full with reserves

                                           See you there

                                                        Chair Bob


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete