Thursday 17 March 2016

Wednesday 16th March 2016 - Emerald Pools

Most of the Wednesday crew were all in the car park for 8.15 ready for action on a fine morning!
Danny, George and Mike set off to peg the 2 lakes, Sapphire and Ruby. I collected the cash before deciding  we would fish 7 on each lake to make 2 separate matches.
The draw was made at 9 and everyone set off in fine spirits, hoping with the nice weather, we would all be rewarded with a good days fishing.
I drew peg 13 { unlucky probably} with Tonto Coombs to my left, and Graham to my right. I had the same peg as my last visit to Emerald, so with that success in mind decided to use the same tactics; 11 metres on the pole fishing 4mm punched meat. Tonto was fishing the usual tip method to the same small island!!Graham using the same method into open water.
All in at 10 am, and within 5 mins my float buried out of sight. Hey ho I thought, off we go then. This continued for the next 3 hours, mostly all action and none stop .But then things went down hill, bites came to a halt and nothing new would encourage the fish to feed.
I thing Roger must have fallen a sleep because there was little action coming out of his swim. Graham was catching the odd carp & silvers. Eric on peg 12 had been very quiet early on in the day, but then he came with a mighty 3 hour  late burst. Every time I looked up, around went his tip with another carp. I couldn’t see Pete Cook hiding  behind a bush on peg 16,but I knew he was catching well all day as I kept watching his landing net entering the water.

4 o clock came around, so the all out. Danny & I prepared for the weigh in. We decided to start in Sapphire weighing in Brian Chivers on peg 1with 15lb 3oz. Simon Garbutt on peg 3 had a fantastic catch of silvers with mostly quality roach weighing in the winning weight of 37lb. Mike Bendell on peg 9 weighed a respectable 34lb 14oz.
Then on to Ruby – Bolton boy was first to weigh with 39lb 3oz.His only concern was would he take the nugget from Danny boy! He did by 4oz.Eric weighed in the winning catch of 58lb 7oz.His late action proved to be a winner. Pete Cook weighed in a close 51lb 3oz. John Barker like Simon weighed in a credible net of silvers to win the silver prize with 22lb 10oz.

An excellent day for everyone with a total catch of just over 420lb. Thanks to you all for your help.
Next venue Trinity Sunday 20th{few places left}
Weds 23rd Landsend
{07506 472745}
Catch up Sunday

Tony    

No comments:

Post a Comment