Monday 7 March 2016

Sunday 6th March 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

Another good turnout of 24 anglers, for what became a tough test for most on a very cold day.   I must say thanks to George for getting my gear out of the car and loading my trolly, while I got the guys and the paperwork ready with Treasure, prior to the draw organized?

Misha made hot drinks, and answered questions about baby Lily, there was a good social atmosphere all round.

The draw got underway, and the golden peg was drawn by Little John who does not enter.   I was last to draw and got peg 28, with peg 31 left for the latecomer Bagger Meakin!!   There seemed to be gear everwhere with another match on Ash Lake, but all went well.    Horny tooted and things got underway; to my left I had Big Bird Eagle, and on my right was Pete Robot Duck;  in fact most of the Silver anglers were on this bank.   I was not very confident, my mind was more on holidays, but I was mostly thinking what Marilyn, the wife, would do to me when I got home;  I left her with no central heating, the boiler refusing to play, and no logs brought in for the woodburner, I'm dead.

Back to the match, there was a lot of naughty talk coming from the far bank, Shane seemed to be having a busy day, he was pulling in some lumps.   It semed Tonto had come for a restful day, not taking equiries.   At the end most had caught a few fish, the weights are on the resuts sheet.

Wednsday next its Shiplate Hawthorns, and Sunday Landsend, enjoy your fishing ,I'm off to the sun and warmer climes, see you all on my return. Treasure and Danny will acept help, and I wil be reading the blog!!!!

                                    Good Fishing

                                                     Chair Bob

PS: May I say on all our behaves, that we wish Bob and Marilyn a great holiday in Oz!!! From Blogman


No comments:

Post a Comment