Monday 25 October 2021

Woodlands 24.10.21

 Woodlands 


I got to say I was quite up for this weeks match as it’s one of my favourite venues, when I arrived I met Matrix Tony Fry we had a good catch up then the car park started to fill up it wasn’t long before we were on the draw after Westy Kingy & Big John - he’s the venue expert done the pegging πŸ‘ I drew 14 Awsome peg & Big John was on 12 & Dave T was on 16. Across from me was Jordy Eric, Dave & John Wolvenscroft followed by Sausage & Kingy. 

My match consisted of 12m in front worm over Gb a short line 2+3 corn & Gb and the left edge maggots. 

I did go on a pellet feeder to my left in front as I know that can be good for carp, an hour in & nothing just a couple of twitches. I’m pretty much in winter fishing now as my outlook just looking for bites. 

I went on the 12m line & had a carp straight away that’s a bad omen for me so quick however I lost it with my rig. I went straight back out & had a skimmer after a while pretty slow going, I had a look on my my short line & that got me another skimmer so slow & steady I was thinking just building my swims up. 12.30 I fed my edge to get that started this is where everything just goes tits up. I went back on my short line as I was getting bites, I dropped my rig in to start shipping out & I hooked a snag in front for the second time second rig this time the elastic snapped & left the rig there idle hooked to the snag, I tried endlessly to get it out with my landing net to no avail just wrecking my peg. Bad news as I couldn’t fish with that hanging rig as any carp I would hook would get in that rig or skimmer tbf as it was right in front of me. I lost my rag & my match was done πŸ˜₯ as I walked back with my kit some of the guys said fish around it I couldn’t it would have been carnage. Dave T was catching catching carp accidentals as he goes for Silvers walking past Jordy he was trying to get his rig back from the edge he’d hook by mistake, I did see him have a couple when I was on my peg. Dave was starting to catch he’d also had a couple carp. John W was saying it was hard going but had some carp, explaining he’d fished the Cleveland match before with 90 something lb on 16 recently. Then I got to my mate Kingy he’d been catching but saying it was hard today, whilst I was with him briefly he started to catch good Silvers on the long pole - I bet he frames even tho he was moaning πŸ€«πŸ€£πŸ€£ Bagger Knewll was on eight carp that’s why I call him Bagger πŸ‘πŸ˜ he said it was going to be a tip day last week, so I’d imagine it was πŸ‘ bomb & pellet if I had to bet ?? 

I spoke to Kingy this evening when he sent the sheet over - you always come good fair play last hour got you out of jail. Matrix Tony fry don’t worry buddy I’ll give you your side bet at Avalon πŸ‘πŸ‘.. 

My day just one to forget - carnage. On to the next, Avalon let’s hope I can draw good again πŸ‘πŸŽ£

Please can you book in with Shane by Tuesday as he has to give numbers to Vic by Tuesday evening.. 

See you next week tight lines πŸ‘πŸŽ£


No comments:

Post a Comment