Tuesday 21 September 2021

Woodlands 19.09.21

 Terry & Dicks Memorial 

Woodlands 19.09.21


A good place to start would be what a gem Terry was I’ve known him for probably 30yrs starting from when I used to work nights at Wellworthys. Great guy so gentle & a Gentleman. I’ve only known Dick through my Match Fishing again a complete Gem always had a smile even when the chips were down 😁

So on to the draw I drew a great area for this Silvers Match peg 25. Lol when I got there & started to set up who should turn ha Westy haha oh my, buts there’s more on my other side was Kingy dam I’m in for some S@@t today 🤣🤣 so this match was full of excellent Silvers Anglers to say the least far to many to mention. I set up a cage feeder towards the middle of the lake, 12M was my GB line 9M to my left was a corn & paste line that has worked very well in the warmer months & a 9M right was a worm & caster line which was the best for me all day plenty of bites but unfortunately no stamp of quality skimmers. Westy was struggling all day & Kingys short line came good towards the end to give him 2nd. I could hear Big Westy & The Guru Tart yapping all day my gosh don’t they talk. I thought Guru was gonna kick my but on his peg but he didn’t & I thought Matrix Tony was going to pull it out of the bag. I could see a lot of the guys  hooking carp, I seen Sausage have a couple Kingy & Westy we’re flat out hooking carp & also George. The Coles lads were on form to go on & win. Terry & Dicks family turned up for a low key presentation it was great to see, Terry & Dick would of been so proud well they actually were as they looked down probably having a good time with a few ciders & some whiskey. 

Well done to everyone that came it was a lovely gesture & a lovely day. 


Hawthorne Sunday & it’s full I was late booking on & didn’t get a space, have a great match. 


No comments:

Post a Comment