Monday 2 August 2021

Woodlands 01.08.21

 Trinity Woodlands 


This match had a twist to it. 

Two weeks before me & Locky booked in to Kevin Hayes Memorial match a  Member of our club that sadly passed away, this was run by Simon Garbut he had 15 booked in, Locky drew 16 I drew 24. Locky went on to win overall, he fished the best tbf against the elements of a roasting day 👏👏.. I had 2nd on Silvers Locky done me by a 1lb on the Silvers so we agreed to put it right this week. On to our match I drew 25 I’d already had my match sorted in my head - all out carp slapping at 12m & a top kit plus 3 sections on paste special G, feeding Corn, also a edge rig on paste. Slapping just didn’t work I had one which I lost after about 55 minutes, my paste line was primed so time to give it ago, nothing really to shout about at first. I could see Locky he wasn’t really doing much either Kingy was on a couple slapping, I could see his eagle eyes looking around. Rich Cole’s was playing it cool like he does & Eric Jordy Shaw was quiet on the tip apart from his singing 😂 so on to my paste line it went good all of sudden like it just switched on I started to get bites but then it went all a bit mental just foul hooking to one ripping out all of my kit with the elastic, there big fish 🐠. After plumbing up a new rig which I didn’t have one to go to school boy error it wasn’t the same, I struggled after that I couldn’t get a bite for S@@t I was still getting foul hookers I stoped feeding but still kept foul hooking so frustrating I lost about about 9 Carp I could of just got off my box & screamed the fish were there I just couldn’t do anything apart from hook pulls I didn’t have the ability to get them in for what ever reason. I could hear Kingy deep sighing 😁 Jordy was having a good run so was Rich Cole’s & Locko. I went down the edge as I could see good signs of Carp coming up & swirling but god dam it, I was still loosing fish 🐠 I don’t know what I was doing wrong tbf I did manage to get a couple out but that was it, looking back what could I have changed nothing to be honest. Me & Locky spoke by messenger after the match we both lost a boat load of fish which cost us. I obviously done something right to get the fish there, just getting them in was the issue, well Locko done me by 10lb so he blew me out of the water 👏 on the up side I blew Kingy out of the water so all good 😊🤣🤣😂😂 looking forward to Summerhayes this week. I’ve got to say if anyone wants me to blog there match please do so as it’s gets a bit boring on what I do every week??  Bagger Knell smashed it again, he told me he fished paste, well done buddy 👏👏🎣🎣

See you next week please bare in mind if you want to blog your day write it up & I’ll put it up 👍🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment