Wednesday 23 December 2020

HLS Angling club Christmas Match 2020

 HLS Christmas Match at Trinity Lakes 2020 


Trinity Lakes 


Today we had our annual Xmas Match with 27 Club Anglers attending. We had two lakes in , Woodlands Match lake & Ash which is a favoured Snake lake. Ash is an excellent lake rammed with a good head of Silvers & Carp a like. Woodlands was split into two sections - far bank & near bank the sides were left out. So on with the match I drew Peg 9 yep chuffed with that, for company I had Dave Allen on 8 Tony Fry on 10 then down through my section were 6 very good anglers that all would have no problem winning. Straight across was Phill Guru, to the left was Brian Chivers the Gringe πŸ˜‰ on 29.. the all in was called I had quite a straight forward outlook the Method towards the middle & a bomb line at 25m on the same line looking for signs from the method πŸ˜‰ two edges one with Maggots over Maggots & the other Worm over GB, I thought I’d get a few carp & maybe a couple of accidental Perch well long story short nothing on all lines except a Roach aaarrrggghhh I could have screamed. Bagger Dave Allen didn’t have a bite until 2pm but then snared two good Skimmers & a Carp well done Mucca. Not such a good ending for Tony Fry just a few roach. So Guru was straight in within the first hour having a good Perch then straight after an F1 I think that was it ? Nick Selway was straight into the skimmers on peg 11 fishing the long pole & kept catching silvers very steadily all day. Tbf that’s all I really could see, oh Gringe wasn’t catching haha πŸ˜‚ never mind Bri maybe next time ?? Ah my mate Paul Lock aka Locky, he won the Silvers for his section well I’ll have the nugget off you next time πŸ’ͺ Martin Western drew peg 26 great area for his favoured fish silvers I couldn’t really see him but he managed first Overall for his section πŸ’ͺπŸ‘Œ Tony Newll done the job with an overall with Paul Bowyer winning the silvers on our section. Ash George was by the bridge & admitted to 4lb saying that’ll win the lake for Silvers & shore enough it did πŸ’ͺ Wow.. Kingy wanted a dobbing peg on Ash he got that but not such a great area by far he done some dobbing at 16m knowing him he did that most of the day, that guy would do 20m if he could he lives for the long pole πŸ’ͺ John Wulverscroft took Overall for Ash. So that’s about it. I didn’t really know I’d be doing this blog so this is my first attempt of a few to come, so my intro is aka Dettol, P.I.1,!Willie Wonka to name but a few by the previous authors. 


Next week the club will be at the Sedges, Ring or txt Guru to book in.

Have a fab Christmas, Stay safe & Tight Lines. πŸ‘πŸŽ£ 


No comments:

Post a Comment