Thursday 15 March 2018

HLS Angling Wednesday 14th March Shiplate Hawthorns

There were ten of Dad's Army fishing at Shiplate Hawthorns today.  The weather forecast was not to bad, and the lad's were in good voice, it was like an aviary, I thought they would give the local geese etc a lot of competition.

Steve and Carol did their normal good job,  with drinks, pegging, and all the usual advice!!  The Golden Peg was nine, drawn by Boy George,  he was buzzing and could not wait for the off.  I drew last which was the worst possible peg for me, peg one renowned for its carp; the consolation a short walk.

At ten I shouted all in, and battle commenced.    In a short time I was joined by two Muscovy ducks, who were taking more interest in my bait than the fish I was trying to tempt, but I did start catching small roach.   Bend It, who was next to me, was denying all the fish he was definitely catching, while Ninja got a carp first chuck.

My day stayed pretty constant, with small roach, until the last hour, when a carp, a chub, a crucian and  my sole skimmer made my day better.   Danny and I did the weigh in, we found the weights pretty even, one more good fish by any of the first five could have changed the overall result.  Results like these make for good matches, rather than one or two good weights and the rest also runs.   I look forward to a return in the near future.

         Next Wednesday we visit Avalon, another comfortable fishery; well stocked, and generally                       productive.

     So don't take it for granted, get on the phone, so I can give Vic a near correct number PLEASE.


                                             Bob




     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment