Sunday 17 March 2024

Avalon 17.03.24

 Avalon 

Where to start it was a very tough going day to say the least..

The rain ☔️ seems a norm nowadays & it lashed it down all night the weather forecast was ok for today then it took a down turn then it was a good forecast, I was awake super early & the rain was hammering down. I met Guru & Matrix Ton at Macy D’s then straight over to Avalon after a nice catch up with the guys - on to the draw 44 was mine for the day.

Most carp anglers would dive to this one & I did it was solid across carp topping - Nice. 

On 43 was Matrix Ton & 42 was Bagger Newell, Tony seemed quite happy with 43 again a good carp peg & known for Silvers but Bagger wasn’t that confident with his 42 he kept his dignity & said he would do his best & I thought you’ll frame 👍ðŸŧ💊 My outlook was the tip across a couple Silvers lines just incase & one down the edge again looking for more quality Silvers. 

Matrix set up the tip & a wag I thought the wag might be worth a shout, Baggers outlook what I could see was the tip to the island & a rig down the edge, he’d fished the open on Thursday & done good for second 😎

The all in at 10 I had a carp first chuck that’s not good for me a kiss of death normally however I did get another on the second chuck & that was it tbf I concentrated on this far to long infact until 1 o’clock & ignored my silver fishing 🙄 what a mistake long story short I went for Silvers on the second part of the match.. 

Matrix was on the tip & struggling he then went on the wag for two quick carp they were there but not interested they were coming up for the pellets but not his hooker he played between the tip & wag all day he stuck to his guns. 

Bagger had a few & lost a few Unfortunately but again he stuck with it at one point he was up the tree even the best of us go to a tree at times ðŸĪŠ I went down the edge & hooked some great fish a carp & another & another & so on couldn’t get them out one was in the mouth deffo not sure about the rest. 

Mike Bendall stopped by & we a good chat top guy & angler lovely to see him, when he came back at 1 o’clock nothing was happening down the line he said apart from George getting stuck into the Silvers.

On the weigh  in I asked  Danny how he went, he said he went down the edge for 14lb of bits I also asked Rob Eagle how he caught he said the wag & feeder I was surprised Guru didn’t weigh in as I heard he had 3 carp.

Turned out to be a nice day I won my side bets & it was ok I learnt a few things there for later in the year so all good. 

I’ve put myself on the reserve list for Shiplate but I’m not sure as I’m at Plantation’s on Saturday for a match so we’re see. 

I’m not around the week after that but I will publish the sheet. 

Have a great week & tight lines guys 😃👍ðŸŧðŸŽĢ



No comments:

Post a Comment