Sunday 8 January 2023

Covey 08.01.23


 Covey 


First one back for 23 the weather well it was savage Wind Wind with Rain & more Rain not an ideal mix but it was what it was 🥶I have to say I had a nice Xmas Present that I could put to the test & that was a Preston Heated Jacket whilst the guys were freezing especially Nick S I was lovely & toasty I had it on full blast all day 😁💪 awsome bit of winter 🥶 kit 

On to the draw we only had ten today so it was every other nearly, at the top end it was a mill pond but it got worse as you come down. I drew 7 yea I was happy with that middle of the lake. 

To the conditions one rig short left & right that was all I could do & a marginal rig to find a good depth. 

To my right I had Dave bagger Allen & left I had Bagger Knewll I was going to get battered 💪🎣 I started quite well a few F1’s then the roach moved in I started to rotate on my lines it was slow but steady, I was getting bites & that’s good for anyone this time of the year. I started priming my margin shortly after the all in as thought there maybe fish there sooner rather than later - saying that I still didn’t go on it to the afternoon as I had feeding fish on my lines. Dave was getting stuck in to the F1’s quickly but not so much for Bagger Knewll he seem to be quiet 😁 there really didn’t seem to be much happening anywhere what I could see but my vision was limited as I was on my far right swim due to the wind - horrendous gust. 

I just got my head down &. caught what ever swam & fed in my swims. I eventually went on my sort of edge & had a small carp I think it was probably good for a couple more but I ran out of time. 

I had 2nd on the day so it paid off, it was really hard conditions with presentation & feeding it was just hard all round. 


Next week we’re at Sedges I think they’re maybe a space or 2 but I’m not sure you’ll have to check with Ian his number is on the AGM blog report if you haven’t got it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment