Wednesday 26 May 2021

Trinity- Woodlands 23.05.21

 





This week we were back to Trinity Lakes, Woodlands, this is my first match back after 3 wks due to a bereavement in my family. When I arrived I was met by Tony Fry wearing his new Matrix gear wow he looked like he had his Sunday best on - very smart. Shortly after all the guys started to turn up. We had a good chat whilst Westy & Kingy did the pegging. On to the draw I drew peg 6 happy with that as there’s a lot of options on that peg. The weather was forecasting to be very rough with high winds & a lot of rain & they weren’t wrong, come 11 o’clock it was set in. I started my match slapping with a carp straight away & that was the only one I had on that method. I’d set up a margin rig for right hand side & tip rod rod for the the side pegs that were vacant. I started to Chuck tight to peg 4 which gave me run of fish, that dried up so on to my margin that gave me a couple, back on the tip but that was proving difficult to chuck with acressy. I unclipped & started to Chuck to peg 3 again I had a run of fish which dried up eventually, back to my margin which didn’t feel right as I couldn’t find a flat spot I tried three rigs but none was giving me any confidence tbf fishing the slope in around 3ft. To my left was my Mucca Westy, when I draw next to him he’s a good omen as I get everything right & lead on to a frame plus I give him a class lesson ha 🤣😂

John Wolstencroft fished a blinder weighing in over a Ton, I was told he fished meat short. Bagger Knewll also done well with 2nd Tony Matrix Fry also done well with 3rd. The scales came round & i’d also done Kingy which is rare but nice 😁. Let’s not forget about Onslo he rang in Saturday complaining of a bad back - Westy said is it your back or the weather I’d bet the weather, praps he should go on the reserve list for 12 mths ha 😂 if you know you know 😉. I packed my gear away double quick in the van & gone, I didn’t realise I got a frame for forth so a good day, it was good to be back. We’re at Landsend this Sunday & I’m looking forward to it. Graham mentioned something to me about the blog, I can only say how I see it I don’t know how others fish so if anyone wants to give me an insight to their match please do & I’ll put it up 👍🎣 tight lines guys see you Sunday 

No comments:

Post a Comment